Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Population shifts

  1. #1
    Sheriff Beachcomber's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2006
    Posts
    1,352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I found this article interesting. I knew this area was a lot more congested than when I lived here in 1990, but didn't realize by how much. Just under 40,000 more residents in only 4 yrs, helps explain why housing costs are soaring here. By comparison, Cincinnati is falling behind:

    (1st figure is change from 1990-2000, second figure is change from 2000-2004, with a minus indicating a loss)

    Cincinnati 2,586 -2,239

    Tampa-St. Petersburg, Fla. 17,645 36,395

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/fleeing_big_cities_glance

  2. #2
    Inactive Member cincygreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 17th, 2001
    Posts
    7,366
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    It' seems to be happeneing everywhere. I like how they call the outer 'burbs, the "X-Burbs" as in Extreme Burbs becuase you know that the Burbs are to the extreme. There are very few things as extreme as suburbia, I like in suburbia and I think it's totally extreme dude [img]wink.gif[/img]


    Good to let people know that this doesnt justy occur in Cincinnati, since many act like it's the only place this does occur.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •